The new Facebook Pixel helps you track visitors and sales attracted from your Facebook ads. According to Facebook for Business, the new pixel performs 3 of the following:
- Building Custom Audiences from your website for remarketing.
- Optimizing ads for conversions.
- Tracking conversions and attributing them back to your ads.
Let's talk about what these mean in terms of TeeChip campaigns:
- Track those visited your campaign page but didn't buy. They've shown interest by clicking through your ad but didn't make a purchase at that time. Now we are able to track and create another ad for this group of potential customers. Many customers need to see a product twice or more before making the buying decision.
- Facebook's algorithm tracks those have made a purchase using the pixel. It then analyzes your customers' profile to find similar users and serve your ad to them to optimize for conversions.
- The new Facebook Pixel tracks 8 different events of conversions. TeeChip currently supports page view, add to cart, initiate checkout, and purchase. Knowing where your conversions came from, you can then track which ads are performing better and scale up.
To implement PIXEL ID for ALL campaigns:
1. Locate "Pixels" in Ad Manager on Facebook.
2. Locate your pixel ID on the right-hand column.
3. Go to TeeChip -> Settings-> Analytics
4. Insert your New Facebook pixel code into Facebook Pixel (New) or Conversion Tracking Pixel (Old) and Facebook Custom Audience. Since the new Facebook pixel have the functionality of both the Conversion Tracking pixel and the Custom Audience pixel, inserting the new Facebook pixel in both boxes will enable you to track conversions and create custom audiences.
To change pixel ID for individual campaigns:
You can always override the default analytics setting for individual campaigns.
1. Click on "Manage" in Campaign dashboard.
3. Insert Pixel ID for this specific campaign.
Congratulations! You've now successfully implemented your Facebook pixel code into your TeeChip account. Now let's talk about the Facebook's advertising structure.